History

We are a company with a long tradition of steel processing. Our origins date back to the year 1764 and the establishment of a hammer mill in Langenau. In the mid-twentieth century, the company attained a dominant position in East Germany's forging industry by the Langenau-based mill merging with the steam hammer and press works in Brand-Erbisdorf.

A new era began for the location, and for the workforce, with the divestment of individual parts of the works and their integration into Bahntechnik Brand-Erbisdorf GmbH.

CHRONOLOGY

1764

Establishment of the Langenau-based iron hammer mill (2 water-driven tail hammers).

1903

First steam hammer goes into operation.

1951

Establishment of PSW Press- und Schmiedewerke through the merger of the Langenau facilities and the Brand-Erbisdorf-based steam hammer and press works.

1969

PSW attains a dominant position for closed-die, open-die and long forgings in East Germany's forging industry.

1990

Transformation of PSW into a limited liability company (GmbH).

2002

New ring rolling mill goes into service.

2003

Divestment of the open-die forging plant, long forging production facility and ring rolling mill to establish Bahntechnik Brand-Erbisdorf GmbH under the holding of the Georgsmarienhütte group of companies.

2013

Commissioning of automatic UT facility.

2017

Acquired by Full Hill Enterprises Ltd.